Professional landscapers only use quality materials for lawn care and maintenance. Most of the time, this involves pests and weed control, that looking for the right brands can be very tricky for most homeowners. In this article, we will be providing you with tips and tricks on what solutions you can use to fix that weed problem of yours.
What do professional landscapers use to kill weeds?
Stubborn weeds are problematic and can halt progress in your garden. Not to mention, invasive weed species can also negatively affect the look that you’re going for. To prevent these from happening, get to know the top 7 solutions you can use to fix your yard problem for good.
1. Compare-N-Save Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer
Compare-N-Save Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer is the best product that costs $22 starting at 1 gallon. It is the best in overall application due to its excellent performance with driveways, yards, gardens, and plot prepping, and even stump management. Its content is high in concentration which you can quickly dilute into several gallons of water, so you can use it for practically every corner of your yard and lawn that needs fixing.
2. Southern Ag Amine 24-D Weed Killer
The Southern Ag Amine 24-D Weed Killer is great for the lawn. It only targets broad-leafed plants so as not to cause harm to your grass. This solution can be mixed using one tablespoon to a gallon of water and sprayed to an average-sized yard to get rid of common weeds.
Additionally, the Southern Ag Amine 24-D Weed Killer is safer for plant crops, golf courses, and pastures as it can effectively kill weeds within three days. This product costs approximately $16 a quart and can be purchased directly from Amazon.
3. Preen Garden Weed Preventer
If you’re into weed prevention and herbicides, then Preen Garden Weed Preventer is the one for you. True to its name, it prevents weeds from emerging on your plot, making it a more habitable place for your desired plants to grow. The product is granulated in form and placed within the ground after tiling.
Its applications can last for up to 3 months and cover up to 5,000 square feet of land, and cost around $45. This product doesn’t kill existing unwanted plant growth but only prevents new weeds from emerging. Plus, edible vegetation does not absorb the product either, making it highly satisfying to most farmers and gardeners.
4. Natural Armor Weed & Grass Killer
Using synthetic materials to kill off weeds has been around for ages, but if you’re not a fan of chemicals getting near your crops, then the Natural Armor Weed & Grass Killer is the one for you.
The spray solution costs around $30 and can kill up to 250 types of invasive weed species. This product is deemed safe for kids and pets as it comprises 100% all-natural ingredients. This solution is excellent for lawns and garden residences where people and pets spend most of their time taking long walks, an afternoon picnic, or playtime.
5. Green Gobbler Vinegar Weed & Grass Killer
The Green Gobbler Vinegar Weed & Grass Killer is yet another all-natural weed killer costs around $25 for 1 gallon. You can use this product practically anywhere and witness the results 24 hours after application. This solution does not require any more mixing and dilution as the chemical is conveniently ready for application by attaching it to your garden hose and spraying away all over your yard.
6. Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer
The Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer is a cheap weed killer solution that costs only $11 per gallon. It only targets broadleaf weeds but doesn’t harm the grass or your yard in its entirety.
7. Roundup Concentrate Extended Control
For another preventative solution, the Roundup Concentrate Extended Control is excellent at stopping new weeds from growing for as long as four months. However, this product requires precise and careful measurement and handling upon application as it can affect all plants, including your desired plants, from growing.
Aside from that, this also kills off any existing weeds and prevents them, making it a dual-acting formula. The product costs only $20 per pint.
So you see, looking for the best weed killer for your yard is not that hard. You only need to determine what type of solution you plan to get and follow specific instructions indicated on the product description for more safety tips and application procedures. Also, keep the chemicals away from children and pets at all times to prevent any accidental injection or chemical inhalation.
For more information, consider looking up reviews and recommendations on Amazon. Talk about your weed problem with an expert to get to know the type of solution that’s right for you.
Things to consider when shopping for the best weed killer spray
By this time, you are already familiar with what type and brand of weed killer you are looking for. We have also collected a shortlist for weird killer solution factors you need to consider when buying a solution.
- Timeline – determine the timeframe you plan on waiting for the solution to react and do its job. If you plan to do it quickly, look for a solution that results within 24 hours. If not, then any herbicide is good for you.
- Exclusivity – While some chemical solutions can affect all plant life forms, others differentiate between vegetation or desired plants and invasive weed species. Depending on the purpose you are planning on having, consider your options and ask for a recommendation from an expert to buy whatever suits you.
- Chemical Components – We have two types of weed killer solutions: organic and synthetic. If your health does not agree with the synthetic ones, then going for an all-natural solution is good for you, especially if you have kids and pets running around your yard. Some weed killers can also trigger allergic reactions, so it is better to consult an expert before interacting with foreign chemicals
- Location – Yards, driveways, gardens, and vegetable plots: the location matters regarding weed killer applications. These chemicals serve particular purposes, so make sure that you buy the right one for the right reasons.
Lawncare & Maintenance Services
Lawn care and lawn maintenance are regular parts of keeping your lawn look pristine and clean for as long as possible. Lawns and yards act as the outer extensions of our homes which is why taking care of them must be done regularly. Clean and well-kempt yards are great at making your home an inviting and beautiful place to live in.
What is Lawn Maintenance?
Lawn maintenance is the act of keeping your lawn look its best all year round. This service includes:
- Weekly lawn mowing
- Regular watering and weeding
- Standard border edging of driveways, walkways, and patio areas
- Regular cleaning of driveways, walkways, and patio areas
- Spring yard cleanup to remove dead winter growth and debris
- Pruning of trees and shrubs in the summer
- Yard cleanup and getting rid of unwanted trash and invasive plant growth
What is Lawn Care?
Lawn care, in turn, is the act of maintaining an overall, healthy condition of your lawn. Generally, some of the services involved with lawn care are as follows:
- Weed and pest control
- Soil testing
- Landscaping services
- Fertilization and seeding
- Installing hardscape elements such as patios, stone walls, aquatic spaces, pool areas, and some garden furniture and light fixture installations.
Lawn care is all about creating a better-looking, green space that you can spend your time relaxing in. It is an effort to keep a piece of paradise looking green and in good condition at all times for social gatherings, playdates, or to spend an afternoon in for some reading. No matter the case, you deserve to have the best-looking property, and professional landscapers are here to help you achieve it.
Fortunate for you, Fort Worth’s Best Landscapers are here to do the job for you. We offer a wide array of services that includes lawn care, lawn maintenance, patio installation, and landscape design.